vendredi 19 juin 2015

Swansea complete Tabanou signing


The full-back has signed a three-year contract at the Liberty Stadium and becomes the club's second signing of the summer following the acquisition of Andre Ayew
Swansea have completed the signing of Franck Tabanou from Saint-Etienne for an undisclosed fee.

The left-back, who has represented France at Under-21 level, becomes the Swans' second signing of the summer following the acquisition of Andre Ayew on a free transfer, and it has been reported that the fee could reach close to €5 million.

Tabanou has signed a three-year contract at the Liberty Stadium and will reinforce Garry Monk's backline, as the club seek to improve on last season's eighth-placed finish. 
"Swansea is a very good Premier League club and I believe it's the right move forward for me at this stage of my career," Tabanou told Swansea's official website. "I wanted to come to Swansea because I believe we are the perfect match. 

"I was aware of Swansea's interest in me for a while, but unfortunately it didn't happen back in January. But I've been watching them closely ever since and I like the way they play the game; their whole philosophy on football. 

"Once I spoke to the manager and the chairman my mind was made up because I realised they really wanted me. Again, it all matched. 

"I was particularly impressed with the manager because he knew everything about me. I was also touched by the fact that he said I was a top signing for Swansea." 

The 26-year-old, who has spent his entire career to date in France, with both Toulouse and St Etienne, made 43 appearances in all competitions last season, scoring two goals and providing five assists.