vendredi 19 juin 2015

Kakuta joins Sevilla from Chelsea


The midfielder has sealed a permanent switch to the Europa League holders and admits his departure from Chelsea came about quickly
Gael Kakuta has completed his move to Sevilla after leaving Chelsea.
The midfielder spent last season on loan with Rayo Vallecano and enjoyed an impressive campaign under Paco Jemez.
With his prospects of first-team football bleak at Stamford Bridge, Kakuta has now sealed a switch to Europa League holders Sevilla, having successfully completed a medical.
"I'm here because of what I did at Rayo. I can bring quality to this team," the 23-year-old told the Liga club's official website.
"I really like the sporting project and the fact that Sevilla play good football. It's true I've been to a lot of clubs but I came here for some stability. My aim is to stay here."
Kakuta, who has also spent loan spells with Fulham, Bolton, Dijon and Vitesse, admits his transfer was sealed so quickly he did not have time to discuss matter with Jose Mourinho.
"I didn't have to talk with the coach," he said. "The exit was very quick."
Kakuta joined Chelsea from Lens but managed just 16 appearances for the club from 2009 onwards.
"We thank Gael for his service and wish him well for the future," a statement on Chelsea's official website read.