jeudi 11 juin 2015

Sakho I'll be at Liverpool next season


The centre-back has struggled with injury and form since arriving from Paris Saint-Germain in 2013 but is determined to prove his worth
Mamadou Sakho has ruled out a summer move from Liverpool, adding he still has much to prove in the Premier League.

The 25-year-old joined Brendan Rodgers's team from Paris Saint-Germain in 2013 in a deal worth €20.6 million, but is yet to nail down a regular first-team berth, with just 16 starts in an injury-affected season.

Despite that, Sakho - who is with the France national team ahead of a friendly against Albania on Saturday - has no plans to look for a new club and hopes to improve on his first two years at Anfield.

"Not at all, I feel good at Liverpool, I play," he told reporters. "Yes, I had many physical problems this season, but I'm fit, I have my spot, and I produced good performances despite everything.

"I like Liverpool, next season I'll still be a red, because I still have to prove many things over there. I like the club, it's a young and skilled team. I hope to achieve great things with this club."