dimanche 12 juillet 2015

Casillas signs two-year deal with Porto


The goalkeeper's departure from Real Madrid was confirmed on Saturday and he has now completed his move to Portugal
Porto have confirmed the signing of Iker Casillas on a two-year deal, with the option of an additional season.

The goalkeeper's departure from Real Madrid was announced on Saturday after weeks of rumours that he would leave the club.

Porto revealed in a statement on Sunday that the Spain international has put pen to paper on a deal that ties him to Julen Lopetegui's side until at least 2017.

"Goalkeeper Iker Casillas, 34, signed for Porto for the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons, with an option of further season," the Portuguese club said in a statement.

"The Spain international and former Real Madrid man becomes the player of the club with the richest history in the Portuguese league and also becomes the first former world champion teams to represent the Dragoes."

Casillas then gave his reaction to the move on Twitter: "Happy to start this new stage of my career #SomosPorto."

Casillas gave an emotional press conference earlier on Sunday in which he said goodbye to the club with whom he has been playing for since 1990.

Fabiano was Porto's No.1 last season but was signed by Fenerbahce earlier this month, meaning Casillas will be first choice for last season's Champions League quarter-finalists.

Related Posts:

  • Marcelo extends Real Madrid contract The Brazil international, who joined from Fluminense in 2007, has committed his future to los Blancos for the next five seasons Real Madrid have announced that defender Marcelo has signed a new contract binding him… Read More
  • Real Madrid agree Casilla deal with Espanyol The Blancos have secured their replacement for Iker Casillas, potentially spelling the end of their interest in Manchester United's David de Gea Real Madrid have agreed a deal to sign Espanyol goalkeeper Kiko C… Read More
  • Casillas signs two-year deal with Porto The goalkeeper's departure from Real Madrid was confirmed on Saturday and he has now completed his move to Portugal Porto have confirmed the signing of Iker Casillas on a two-year deal, with the optio… Read More
  • Atletico Madrid sign Jackson Martinez The Spanish side have confirmed that the Colombia international will join on a four year deal from Porto after they paid his €35 million release clause Atletico Madrid have confirmed the signing of Jackson Mar… Read More
  • Sevilla take Ciro Immobile on loan from Borussia Dortmund The Europa League champions, Sevilla, have sealed a deal to take the Italy striker Ciro Immobile on loan from Borussia Dortmund for the 2015-16 season, pending a medical, the La Liga club said. Immobile, 25, wil… Read More