vendredi 19 juin 2015

Kakuta joins Sevilla from Chelsea


The midfielder has sealed a permanent switch to the Europa League holders and admits his departure from Chelsea came about quickly
Gael Kakuta has completed his move to Sevilla after leaving Chelsea.
The midfielder spent last season on loan with Rayo Vallecano and enjoyed an impressive campaign under Paco Jemez.
With his prospects of first-team football bleak at Stamford Bridge, Kakuta has now sealed a switch to Europa League holders Sevilla, having successfully completed a medical.
"I'm here because of what I did at Rayo. I can bring quality to this team," the 23-year-old told the Liga club's official website.
"I really like the sporting project and the fact that Sevilla play good football. It's true I've been to a lot of clubs but I came here for some stability. My aim is to stay here."
Kakuta, who has also spent loan spells with Fulham, Bolton, Dijon and Vitesse, admits his transfer was sealed so quickly he did not have time to discuss matter with Jose Mourinho.
"I didn't have to talk with the coach," he said. "The exit was very quick."
Kakuta joined Chelsea from Lens but managed just 16 appearances for the club from 2009 onwards.
"We thank Gael for his service and wish him well for the future," a statement on Chelsea's official website read.

Related Posts:

  • Sevilla take Ciro Immobile on loan from Borussia Dortmund The Europa League champions, Sevilla, have sealed a deal to take the Italy striker Ciro Immobile on loan from Borussia Dortmund for the 2015-16 season, pending a medical, the La Liga club said. Immobile, 25, wil… Read More
  • Casillas signs two-year deal with Porto The goalkeeper's departure from Real Madrid was confirmed on Saturday and he has now completed his move to Portugal Porto have confirmed the signing of Iker Casillas on a two-year deal, with the optio… Read More
  • Atletico Madrid sign Jackson Martinez The Spanish side have confirmed that the Colombia international will join on a four year deal from Porto after they paid his €35 million release clause Atletico Madrid have confirmed the signing of Jackson Mar… Read More
  • Atletico sign Ferreira Carrasco from Monaco The Belgian winger has been signed as a replacement for Arda Turan, who left the Vicente Calderon for Barcelona in a €41 million deal earlier this month Atletico Madrid have confirmed the permanent transfer of&nb… Read More
  • Marcelo extends Real Madrid contract The Brazil international, who joined from Fluminense in 2007, has committed his future to los Blancos for the next five seasons Real Madrid have announced that defender Marcelo has signed a new contract binding him… Read More