mercredi 15 juillet 2015

Southampton sign Clasie from Feyenoord


The 24-year-old has signed a five-year contract at St Mary's Stadium and is expected to fill the midfield void left by Morgan Schneiderlin's departure to Manchester United
Southampton have completed the signing of Jordy Clasie from Feyenoord.

The 24-year-old has signed a five-year contract with Ronald Koeman's side after a fee reported to be in the region of £8.4 million was agreed with the Dutch giants.

Clasie is widely expected to fill the midfield void left by the departure of Morgan Schneiderlin, who joined Manchester United in a £25m deal on Monday.
“It feels good to be joining Southampton,” Clasie told the club's official website. “It’s a nice club and I’m happy to be here.
“It’s a big club playing in what I think is the biggest and most important league.
“Ronald being here is a big thing for me and that was important in me coming here, but even if he wasn’t here, I’d have come to this club.
“I played every game for him. He’s a good trainer and a good man so I like him, but I came here not only for him. I came here for the club.
“I’ve watched many games of Southampton, and it’s felt good when I’ve watched these games.
“I hope that I have many good moments and good years here.”