vendredi 10 juillet 2015

Crystal Palace sign PSG’s Yohan Cabaye and close on deal for Scott Dann

Scott Dann is set to follow James McArthur by committing his long-term future to Crystal Palace with an enhanced contract. Palace have also completed the signing of Yohan Cabaye for a record fee.
The France international’s transfer from Paris Saint-Germain for an initial £10m, rising to nearer £12.5m with add-ons, on a three-year contract has been confirmed following a medical.
Cabaye, who started only 13 Ligue 1 games last season, also attracted interest from West Ham and two Champions League clubs in Roma and Atlético Madrid before agreeing to link up again with Alan Pardew, under whose management he flourished at Newcastle.
He told Palace’s website: “I’m happy to be here. I’ve been waiting for the decision, had the medical and now I can’t wait to focus on my new team, a new season and my new life.
“I wanted to come and play for Palace because there are some really strong players here. They finished very well last season and I think they can compete to get into the top eight.
“I also know the gaffer and have worked with him before and I’m confident with him. I want to do my best for him because he’s made a big effort to get me to come here, as well as the chairman, so I have to say a big thank you to both of them.”
While Palace will add further to their squad, and are to enter the running for Charlie Austin at QPR as well as Chelsea’s Loïc Rémy, the co-chairman Steve Parish is also intent on retaining key players from the side who finished 10th last season.
McArthur, a Scotland international who joined from Wigan last summer, signed a three-year deal earlier this week with Dann, a £2.65m arrival from Blackburn Rovers in January 2014 while Tony Pulis was in charge, set to follow suit despite having two years to run on his deal.
The 28-year-old’s form carried him into contention for England recognition last season and attracted the attention of Everton but Palace hope to secure his future at around £65,000-a-week until 2019.
Pardew still aspires to partner Dann with Swansea’s Ashley Williams next season, despite securing Damien Delaney and Brede Hangeland to new terms already this summer.
Palace also announced the Mansion Group as the club’s new main shirt sponsor, replacing Neteller.