mercredi 1 juillet 2015

Gundogan signs new Dortmund contract


The midfielder appeared set to leave the club after being linked with Barcelona and Manchester United, but has opted to extend his stay with BVB
Ilkay Gundogan has signed a new contract with Borussia Dortmund that will keep at Signal Iduna Park until 2017, the Bundesliga club have confirmed.

The German midfielder was expected to move clubs this summer, chased by the likes of Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain, but has extended his stay by an additional year.
"I am glad that we finally have clarity [on my future] and I can continue playing for Borussia Dortmund. I am now fully focused on preparations for the new season," Gundogan told the club's official website.

Sporting director Michael Zorc added: "We are pleased that Ilkay will continue to play for Borussia Dortmund. I am convinced that he will help BVB achieve our sporting objectives."